This Unit Standard provides a broad introduction to health and safety in the workplace. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner’s own context and experience of the world of work. It is intended as part of an induction programme for all learners and specifically for learners who are safety officers in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Identifying potential hazards in a financial services workplace.
- Indicating how to limit damage to persons and property in the event of an accident or emergency.
Indicating how to contribute to the maintenance of security in the workplace.
Explaining emergency procedures in a financial services workplace.
This will be useful for persons who are required to conduct continuous hazard identification and risk assessment within an underground working place to ensure a healthy and safe environment to work in.
People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Explain the specified requirements pertaining to continuous hazard identification and risk assessment.
- Prepare for hazard identification.
- Identify hazards and assess risks.
- Initiate remedial and follow-up action.